Series Review! Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous

There are so many versions of movies based on Michael Crichton's novel, Jurassic Park, that when I first saw the trailers for this, I literally rolled my eyes.  Here was another rendition...and one for children nonetheless.

Jurassic Park still stands as one of my favorite novels of all times and I have never seen it as a family friendly movie.  That was one of my issues when Steven Spielberg took over the first movie and eliminated many of the elements of horror from the book.  It took many years of distancing from the book for me to truly enjoy the first movie.  I think this is why I preferred the newer movies, Jurassic World of which this is based within (before, during, and after the events of the movie).  Regardless, I was intrigued.

And I'm glad I watched it.

The premise is simple: after failed attempts at opening a park, they decide to open a camp instead.  As a trial run, they bring in six teenagers for their first campers.  And of course, chaos ensues because kids are kids and they have a tendency to wander.

There are only eight episodes and every one I literally laughed out loud, cheered the kids on, and damn near cried on a few.  It is definitely worth a watch and I truly hope that they come out with a second season quickly because I need to know what happens next!

The series is good for the entire family and one the I highly recommend!  Now, if you excuse me, I'll have to re-watch the entire franchise...

Comments