31 Days of Horror! Anaconda

For the past week I have been on the fence with doing my 31 Days blog entry. A few years ago, I started participating in an art challenge,  and it has caused quite a bit of juggling on my part to also manage this self-imposed challenge. As usual, I couldn't help myself and decided to start off the month giving it a shot. I'm honestly not sure where this will take me and how much time I can muster, but I'm going to give it a shot just in case. Even if I don't hit all 31, hopefully I can get some solid ones in!

I decided to start off the month rewatching an old '90's film.  It has been quite a few years since I've seen it and Netflix has been flooding my stream with '90's so I thought, why not!

Anaconda had quite a line up of stars from that decadeJennifer Lopez, Ice Cube, Owen Wilson, Eric Stolz, and Jon Voight. Filled with cheesy lines and one dimensional characters, the movie follows a film crew deep into the Amazon jungle in search of a forgotten tribe. Being the good samaritans they are, they rescue a stranded boater, played by Jon Voight, which only leads them into danger.

At the time, the special effects were pretty effective. Of course, compared to today's movies they seem almost laughable in certain parts. All in all though, it was not a wasted hour and a half. Definitely worth a re-watch to pass the time when you really don't want to have to think too much.

Comments