31 Days of Horror! The Binding (Il Legame)

After watching Vampires vs. The Bronx, I was a little leery of watching another movie. Mainly because I had enjoyed the other so much I didn't want to deflate my mood. But the trailer for The Binding was just too good to pass up. And I was not disappointed in the least.

The Binding (Il Legame) is an Italian horror movie about superstitions and curses. It is also a drama and considering the subject matter, the story unfolds slowly. But pay attention because it is also littered with clues that will guide you along the way. Do not go into this expecting the traditional American jump scares that you may be used to.

Instead, it deals with a powerful curse that seperates the bond a mother has with her daughter while uncovering a secret her fiance and his family have hidden for years. 

It is wonderfully filmed with enough subtle visual elements that made me question the dark corners in my own home after turning off the lights. And that is something that rarely happens any more.

Over all, this one is getting filed in my recommendation list. I hope you get a chance to watch it. Drop a comment on what you thought of it if you do.

Comments