31 Days of Horror! Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Trying to accomplish two challenges in one month is, well, challenging. Add to that, I've watched some pretty bad movies for this one. But, rather than bore you with reading reviews on terribly made movies (at least in my opinion), I'm only going to add those that I enjoyed.

That being said, today's selection is a movie that I watched years ago but felt that it was worth revisiting. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is a neat little creature feature that centers around a young girl who has been sent by her mother to live with her father and his girlfriend in an old house that they are restoring. The house has a pretty dark history and Sally's presence reawakens a sinister part of it.

Written by Matthew Robbins and Guillermo del Toro, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is a remake of a 1973 made-for-tv movie by the same name.  It's been forever since I've seen that version but worth investigating to see if it's available on DVD or available to stream online.

Overall, this version was worth another watch this year.

Comments