31 Days of Horror! Vampires vs. the Bronx

After finishing my Inktober drawing for the day, I logged into Netflix to catch a flick for my 31 Days of Horror. Apparently yesterday they just dropped a new movie, Vampires vs. The Bronx. The trailer looked a bit cheesy but I thought...why not?  I am so happy I did!

The story centers around three friends growing up in the Bronx. Miguel, or rather, lil Mayor, is trying to save a friend's store and is throwing a block party to help raise money for him. All around the Bronx businesses are closing as a new company keeps buying up real estate. As if that isn't enough, people just keep disappearing. 

One night Miguel stumbles upon a vampire feeding and he begins to put two and two together. But the real question is, will anyone believe him in time to save the neighborhood?

This movie truly had some laugh out loud moments. Throughout the entire film I was reminded of so many other vampire comedies. Even though it 'borrowed' heavily from classics such as Fright Night and Lost Boys, it did so in a manner that showed respect and not blatant plagiarism. 

This movie focused more on friendship than it did on horror so don't expect any creepy, suspenseful parts. It was more like Stand By Me on the friendship of the three boys with added comedic relief from the neighborhood. 

Definitely worth a watch and it's family friendly. 

Comments