Movie Review! Red Sparrow


I was really excited to see this movie from the first time I saw the trailer. I avoided reviews, wanting to watch it fresh. I added it to my Netflix queue when it became available where it promptly got lost. So it was with a great surprise when it finally arrived st my home in the mail (Yes, I still recievedvds through Netflixin additionto their streaming). Sadly, I was greatly disappointed. 

If you overlook the disappearing (and awful) Russian accents and focus solely on the storyline, it is still lacking (despite it's long length). After an hour in, I had invested enough time that I wasn't about to admit defeat hoping the plot would develop more. It really didn't.

In the end, I think you could shave an hours worth of footage and still get the same result. I would rate this a mediocre drama set in Russia (definitely not what I would consider a traditional spy movie.)


Comments