Movie Review! The Devil Below


A geological expedition to an Appalachian sinkhole becomes a fight for survival against a mysterious force.

I have been super busy as of late and truly find it difficult to get 45 minutes in to watch an episode let alone take time to watch an entire movie in one sitting.  Today, I woke up in the mood to watch a movie and decided to start the day off watching one.  This movie popped up as soon as I logged into Netflix and it felt like fate so I hit play.

All in all, this wasn't a bad creature feature.  It is fulled with the obvious tropes but that didn't deter me from enjoying it.  I mean, who doesn't like an old abandoned mining town filled with creatures from hell story anyway?

That being said, the beginning montage led my creative brain to believe there may have been more than what truly played out.  But maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part because I have also declared today a writing day so my mind is full of scenarios for my current serial.  Regardless, the acting isn't too shabby though the characters are a bit flat.  I was hoping for better kill scenes and the final reveal felt cheap in many respects.  Overall, it was not a waste of a morning and I enjoyed it enough to talk about here so take it as you will.

If you have Netflix, pop it up and enjoy a mindless ride.  Otherwise, click the link below for a cheap stream.  [Please note, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]