Movie Review! Nightbooks

I'm not going to lie. I was excited to see this for two reasons: Krysten Ritter, and Halloween. I can't say that I was disappointed. It really was a nice kids Halloween movie. But I wouldn't put it at the top of my list either.

Nightbooks is a story about a boy who loved to write scary stories then decides to give them up. On his way to the incinerator, he is lured into a trap and becomes stuck in an apartment by a witch. In order to survive, he needs to read the witch one scary story per night.

There were a lot of things I loved about this movie. First up would definitely be the cat.  I never give spoilers but there is one scene with a sandwich that literally had me laughing out loud!

I wouldn't peg this as a yearly watch for me, but you may have a different opinion. I definitely think its worth the watch to pass the time. 👍

Comments