Movie Review! The Old Ways

 


Netflix has been dropping some amazing content this year and I have been too busy to appreciate most of it.  Last night I made myself sit and watch a movie with no distractions and I am very happy that I did.

When I saw the trailer for this, I was on the fence about watching it.  But it also fell into the scope of what I like in a movie so I didn't hesitate to hit play last night when I opened the app on my tv.  It's really not what I expected, but also much better than I imagined.  Which leads me to how I really need to stop second guessing my recommends...Netflix knows me better than I know myself.

The Old Ways revolves around the story of Cristina Lopez, a Mexican-American who is being held hostage by a bruja (witch) and some locals who believe that Cristina is possessed by a demon.  We learn about her history, the importance of family, and a few more things surrounding inner demons and actual demons.

Overall I thought this was a pretty decent movie.  It's relatively short but the pace keeps you watching throughout the end.  At the very least, it held my attention and lately that's been a bit difficult.  If you're looking for a decent supernatural watch, I recommend hitting play on this one.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I especially liked the ending on it.



Comments