Series Review! Squid Game

What would you do for ₩45.6 billion? Would you be willing to risk your life for the chance of a lifetime?  How far would you go?

These are just some of the dilemmas faced by our characters as they are introduced to a once in a lifetime offer to win a fortune simply by winning six simple children games. The catch: if they lose, they die.

The premise for this South Korean drama may not be 100% original. I have watched many excellent survival drama series but many of them are lost in my memory banks. This one will definitely stick with me. The first two episodes were the slowest out of the nine setting up the story (despite the large body count). The mystery begins to unfold in the next few but after episode six, I just couldn't stop watching (and crying). Six was perhaps the most heart wrenching but it didn't stop there.

I cannot recommend this series enough. And after watching that ending, I will definitely be re-watching it. As much as I enjoyed this, I'm not sure if a second season would ruin it. But, I'm sure I'd watch it just to see where they take it.

Each episode is an hour long but they are worth every minute!!

Comments