31 Days of Horror! #Alive

This is another prime example of why I need to stop judging a movie based on Netflix's new trend of showing a scene of a movie/series instead of a bona-fide trailer. I skipped this one when it was released. The scene they chose as a "trailer" was lame. I mean, really boring. So I kept skipping over it for months. Until I read somewhere it was a sequel (of sorts) to the Train to Busan. (Of course, the article I read was false...the two movies are not connected, but it made me watch this movie and do a bit of research.)

Despite how I got to the point of pushing play, I pushed play and finally watched it. And I'm happy I did.

#Alive follows the story of an avid gamer who slept through the beginning of a zombie apocalypse. Which may have saved his life overall considering he was indoors when the outbreak began. Trapped in his apartment with little to no food or water, Joon-Woo tries to stay alive while watching the residents in his apartment complex systematically perish.

I won't say this movie is stellar or ahead of its time or anything. Joon-Woo makes some seriously stupid moves and in reality would have been one of the first to go. But it certainly was an entertaining movie, and after seeing countless zombie films, the humorous route is the best route to go any more.

If you've missed it, add it to your queue. It's a good rainy day film.

Comments