31 Days of Horror! Halloween Kills

This is one review that is painful to write. Not due to the movie itself, rather due to the fact that it has taken me this long to write it. I have been waiting (impatiently) for this movie to hit the theaters. And when it finally did last week, I was stranded at home with a head cold (the irony is not lost on me due to the delay in premiering because of Covid-19). Having recovered, you can bet your sweet ass this was the first movie on my list to see!

Now, given it has been out a week, I've heard some rumblings from others. It seems quite a few people were disappointed. I went in to watch it uncertain if I would join their criticism, or love it for what it was.  If you've read enough of my reviews, I think it's safe to say that the latter is true.  It was everything I expected...nothing more, nothing less.

For the folks that may not know anything at all about the reboot...Halloween Kills picks up right where the 2018 one left off. Of course, lets not forget the 2018 Halloween is a sequel, making this one, the third in the new timeline with a fourth one ending the series next year. Following the tradition of these middle films, it delivered exactly what it needed to - a higher body count and the "rebirth" of an unstoppable killer.

What made this movie fun, was the reunion of characters (& some actors) from the 1978 movie. I especially loved the ending and am curious to see how the last one is going to pan out. I'm certainly happy that I was well enough to see this before Halloween hits! I am definitely adding this one to my collection. 

Comments