31 Days of Horror! I, Frankenstein

Being sick for a few days I was able to catch up on a backlist of movies (plus enjoy some new ones). I didn't realize that I missed a day posting so today you get two reviews!  Personally, I'd probably peg this movie more into a sci-fi/fantasy genre, but the novel Frankenstein is traditionally horror so I'm including it into my 31 Days.

I, Frankenstein is based on a graphic novel, (which is based off the classic novel), and picks up with our monster, played by Aaron Eckhart, after the death of Dr. Frankenstein. As he's burying his creator, he is attacked by demons and rescued by an order of gargoyles. This is when he discovers an ancient battle between the two, and realizes he is smack dab in the middle of their war.

I haven't read the graphic novel it's based on so I can't judge this on adaptation purposes. But I really did enjoy the story enough that one day I may track the book down. The special effects in this were great and it's no surprise this was done by the same producer of Underworld.  My only regret is that it took me so long to see this (I really do need to devote more time to my Netflix dvd queue).

Overall, a fun romp and a recommend!

Comments