31 Days of Horror! The Manor

 Truth be told, I keep forgetting that I also have Prime Video (yes, I'm a Netflix girl). I decided to scope out the competition and see what was available. Stumbled upon this little ditty by Blumhouse Television starring Barbara Hershey and Bruce Davison. 


The Manor is a story about Judith Albright, former dancer, and overall active and bright woman in her '70's. After suffering a stroke, she decides to check herself into a nursing home so as not to overburden her daughter and grandson. But the nursing home has a sinister secret all its own. But are the strange occurrences really happening? Or is Judith truly showing signs of dementia?

While this movie is not bad overall, they are many of the typical "is she really that stupid?" moments. The ending was not quite what I expected. It really did remind me of an episode of Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits so it scores much higher in my book than it probably deserves.
 

Comments