31 Days of Horror! Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight II

Picking up right where the first movie left off, Nobody Sleeps In The Woods Tonight 2 follows the tale of a rookie cop in the jurisdiction where the massacre took place.  After following his mundane morning routine, we find the two killers from the first movie in jail, along with our sole survivor. Its not long into it that something befalls our poor survivor, and we have a new killer on the loose.

And that's about where the slasher vibe ends and the comedy begins.  And slowly derails...

I absolutely loved the 1st movie for its old school feel to it. I was excited for this one and...well...I'm just not sure I was prepared for it to be a full blown comedy horror. Getting past the it's-not-a-slasher disappointment, I can maybe wrap my head around a comedy.  Maybe.

The 1st movie may not have been fir everyone, but the camp and 1970's monster movie feel made it enjoyable. I am really at a loss for explaining this one. And the ending certainly felt like a set up for a third movie. Maybe, if that happens, we can ignore this film and carry on (but I think they killed off the wrong character for that to be enjoyable).

Why is it so difficult to find decent slasher movies? Or monster movies for that matter...I will keep searching!  Three duds in a row...there has to be better days ahead.


Comments