31 Days of Horror! Population 436

I'm not gonna lie...While searching Netflix i was uninspired. My recommend list was all foreign films and I wasn't in the mood for subtitles. Plus, everything else I had already seen. So yeah...I wound up watching this by process of elimination. 

Overall, it wasn't too terrible. The story follows a census taker who discovered the town's population hadn't changed in over two hundred years. So he drove from the city to investigate himself. Once in the town, he uncovers the town's dirty little secret and desperately tries to escape, much to the resident's dismay.

I really did like the premise of the movie. I felt it was lacking in the creep factor and landed more in the bizarre court. The characters were all two dimensional which is a shame because I felt like there was a story that needed to be told but the execution fell flat. Then again, it may have been my mood.

Comments