Movie Review! A Boy Called Christmas

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can officially declare: Let the Christmas movie watching begin!! 🎄

After a long day today it was nice to settle in after dinner and find that Netflix dropped a new Christmas movie, A Boy Called Christmas. I was up for something light hearted so I didn't even fight the urge and just clicked play...
We begin our story with a grieving family whose mother has recently passed and none of the children wish to celebrate Christmas. When their dad has to work late and their Aunt comes to sit for them, she begins to tell them a story...and so begins our tale within a tale. 

Based on a book by the same name written by Matt Haig, A Boy Called Christmas, follows the story of young Nikolas, nicknamed Christmas, who lives alone with his father. The winter is harsh, food is scarce, and hope has been depleted from their town. When the King offers a great reward for anyone able to restore hope, and share a little magic, Nikolas's father sets off with a number of men from town in search of Elfhelm, a magical city of elves only spoken of in stories. Left alone for weeks with his Aunt that wants nothing to do with him, Nikolas decides to set off in search of his father...with his pet mouse of course.

And so begins the adventure of a lifetime as he journeys through the bitter cold with his mouse as a companion in search of his father. I don't want to continue writing about it because you know how much I hate spoilers (and I've already said too much). This is an adorable movie and well worth the watch for the whole family! Dare I say, I believe I loved this solely for Maggie Smith, the mouse, and Blitzen (but who doesn't love Blitzen?)!

Comments