Series Review! Arcane: League of Legends

When Arcane first dropped on Netflix, I was simultaneously excited, and heavily disappointed that I had to suffer through work before I could watch it. When able, it was no surprise that I binged the 1st three episodes. Then waited eagerly for the next batch only to have to wait longer. If you haven't watched it yet, dedicate the time necessary to binge the whole show in one sitting. It is that good.

Ok, its better than good.

Whats disappointing to me is the fact that I have heard zero feedback from my friends. I feel as though nobody has seen it. While my newsreel is filled with chatter about Carole Baskin and Black Friday deals, I sit in shock that nobody else's life has been affected by this series.

Ok, that may have sounded overly dramatic. 

But, to be fair, quality science fiction is rare. Especially in regards to animated series. Sure, there are some gems out there, but most seem to be lacking...substance. And I'm often left filling in the blanks with my imagination or shoveling out excuses as to why it missed its mark.

I have none of that with this series.

Arcane: League of Legends is based on a video game. One I've never heard of (but im really out of the loop on games these days) but one where I'm seriously considering tracking it down. It follows several characters whose lives are woven in ways they don't even know about. We have sisters torn apart by tragedy, scientists intent on making breakthroughs to heal the world, political machinations, drug dealers, a spoiled rich kid trying to make her mark enforcingthe law...And a world beautiful even in the depths of the bottoms.

And don't get me started on the animation and the soundtrack...

As I'm writing this, I've read the series is a hit worldwide, and it has been announced that a second season is in the mix. Whilst that is sorted out, I believe I will be in search of new friends...😉

Comments