Movie Review! Eternals

Eternals is one of the newest releases this year in the MCU Universe. It introduces us to an entirely new group of heroes - an alien race that has been living on earth for over 7000 years. Their sole purpose, to protect the human race from another alien species, the deviants.

Prior to seeing this movie, I had read a lot of bad press about it. A lot of bad press...from the critics. The fan base, on the other hand, seems to be more optimistic about it. I for one, left the movie theater intrigued. And encouraged for a different avenue of story lines within the universe. Let's face it, it does get tiring to have the same stories told over and over again with new cast members, new directors, and new "visions" for iconic characters. New territory is long overdue.



Way back in college when I had time to read comics, I had read about the Eternals, the Celestials, Thanos, and the like. That was too many years ago to remember the stories fully so it is nice to see them brought to the big screen. Yes, this movie is long. Yes, this movie introduces quite a number of characters. It also spans centuries. But all of it was done in a manner that was easy to follow. And it was interesting enough visually and otherwise to keep you entertained where the two hours blew past. I've sat through hour and a half movies that seemed to drag on for eternity. This one moved at a reasonable pace.

The only thing I am on the fence about, is the ending and set up for another movie. And I'm not talking about the Kit Harrison teaser at the end of the credits. I'm referring to the introduction of Pip and Starfox (Eros). But, I am curious and looking forward to this wave of movies and new characters the next few years will bring.

Overall, this was a win for me. I rather enjoyed the cast and hope to see another movie soon.


Comments