Movie Review! Spiderman No Way Home


I'm not going to lie. This is the first Spiderman movie I have seen starring Tom Holland. It's not that I have anything against the actor. I rather enjoyed his performance in the Avengers movies. It's just that, sometimes, a person gets weary with all of the reboots. I went to see this with family. But I was also interested in watching it because Doctor Strange was in it and I knew it was going to lead into the next Marvel movie.

Having not watched the other movies made zero difference in watching this one. The supporting characters were just that, supporting. However, having seen the other reboots proved useful. It was nice to see the original stars reprise their roles.

Was this movie a "must-see" in theaters? Probably not. Though it was fun nonetheless. I will say the most exciting and best Marvel movie to be released in theaters this year was Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (that I was able to see, mind you).  Black Widow was a blip at the cinema and pulled before I had a chance to view it. And tonight I am going to see Eternals so I may change my mind on my previous statement.

All in all, I think the highlight was the interaction of the Peter Parkers and, of course, Doctor Strange. I may eventually watch the other Spiderman movies just to say I've seen them, but currently they're not a priority.
 

Comments