Movie Review! Army of Thieves

Egads it's almost been a month since my last post! (I really should write more reviews...There are so many good shows and movies out right now! But considering this is my just-for-fun blog, I also don't want to stress over a schedule here. but I had to write about this one!

Army of Thieves is a prequel to the hit Army of the Dead that aired on Netflix too long ago to think about. Where Army of the Dead was a horror-comedy, Army of Thieves is a comedy action film. And I have to say, it was the funniest movie I've watching in a while!

Matthias Schweighöfer directed and starred in this installment to the Army of the Dead franchise. The story centers around Sebastian Schlencht-Wöhnert who is a bored bank teller by day whose hobby is posting safe cracking advice on YouTube. When he receives his first view and mysterious invite to a warehouse in the middle of nowhere, he attends and participates in his first ever safe-cracking competition. After winning, he is then approached by a mysterious woman who recruits him to join her team on several bank heists. The mission: to crack three of the four infamous Wagner vaults. If you watched the first movie, you will know Sebastian as Ludwig Dieter who was recruited to crack the fourth vault...in Vegas...where a zombie outbreak has occurred.

I've seen a lot of heist movies yet none that were as effective at mixing comedy and action and drama as this one. What I also loved were the interludes where you catch a glimpse of what is occurring overseas in America with the zombie outbreak. Add to that, Sebastian's charm and you have a wonderful film great for the whole family. It's also a perfect lead in to circle back to the first movie (which I feel I need to watch again).

Army of Thieves has been available on Netflix for some time now and I don't have an excuse as to why it took me so long to see it. I don't regret it though and can honestly say, if the quality of the next film in the series is as good as this one, I cannot wait to watch it!



Comments