Movie Review! Knock At the Cabin

 


Knock At the Cabin is the newest movie by directer M. Night Shyamalan. It is based on the book, Cabin At the End of the World written by Paul G. Trembley (not to be confused by Dean Koontz's novel House At the End of the World).

Here's the description:

While vacationing at a remote cabin in the woods, a young girl and her parents are taken hostage by four armed strangers who demand they make an unthinkable choice to avert the apocalypse. Confused, scared and with limited access to the outside world, the family must decide what they believe before all is lost. 

I will admit, had I known going in that the movie was based on this particular book, I wouldn't have gone to see it. Heck, I didn't even watch the trailer. I just heard who the director was and went. 

As for the book, a friend had recommended it to me a couple years ago and I quickly placed it in my DNF (do not finish) list after I read about half of it. I had found all three of the main characters annoying and I spent half of the book debating which one I wanted to see die and hoped for all three. In writing this review, I was surprised to see that the book actually won an award.

different strokes I suppose. I will leave it at that.

Thankfully, M. Night Shyamalan changed a few things for the movie. And the actors playing the roles of Eric and Andrew made them into believable, and likeable characters. Wen's role was minimized and the little girl who played her made that character likeable as well.

Overall, I do believe this is a nice addition to Shyamalan's movies. There aren't many movies out right now and this one was worth seeing on the big screen. 



Comments